|The sun making it's glorious appearance as we headed to Phoenix Sky Harbor this morning.|
Friday, June 7, 2013
We're on a plane! I've said this before and I'll say it again. The simple fact that I'm "OK" getting on a plane is a miracle itself! If this were about me and my desires, I would have to find a way to do adoption without flying across the world. But this adoption isn't about me or Paul or anyone other than God. It's ALL about Him and His heart and His purpose. And geez has He stirred up my heart in the process!
A precious friend of mine texted this to me as we waited at check in for our first flight...
From of old no one has heard
or perceived by the ear.
No eye has seen a God besides You
who acts for those who wait for Him.
You meet him who joyfully works righteousness,
those who remember You
in Your ways.
Saturday, June 8, 2013
We just boarded the last of three flights and now feeling anxious - in a good way - to arrive in Addis and be closer to seeing our boys. This is all very surreal... and very God. I've had every opportunity to remember my faith and God's faithfulness to His children. Get this. Since boarding in Phoenix we've experienced...
1. Three planes; not one or even two, but THREE with what I would call "cause for concern". The first two planes had internal power source failure and the third had push drive mechanical failure. Three for three! Really?!?! All this when I haven't flown in 18 years and have been praying desperately for God to give me peace and comfort. He truly did. I guess He figured I may as well test it out!
2. A significant delay leaving Phoenix with our shortest connection time ahead of us in Atlanta.
3. MUCH turbulence (we flew over Oklahoma City, just to give you an idea) on the flight from PHX to ATL.
4. What felt like 3 miles of walking in circles at the Frankfurt airport.
5. The wrong gate assignment on our boarding passes in Frankfurt.
6. Not to mention NO Wifi at the FRA airport!
|Nothing like up close and personal!|
|Flying over Frankfurt|
Soon we'll be in the beautiful country of Ethiopia - after another 6 hours in the air. God is good! Even through all this, we feel His peace and guidance.
I found myself in tears as Desfayu drove us from the Addis Ababa airport to the guest home we're staying in. I'm in awe... completely. God brought us safely to the other side of the world and in less than 12 hours we will be with our two youngest children! Incredible!
I'm feeling so many different things; desperately missing my kiddos at home, beyond thrilled to meet our two youngest, out of place in a country so far and different from our own, filled with awe about God and His plans...
So, I'm officially and thoroughly overwhelmed. It's 11:23 p.m. here in Addis. I'm exhausted but don't want to go to sleep in case we "miss" something. Nope! Don't wanna miss a thing!